OE Equipment & PowerStop Brakes Products
Yes, you can use your original OE equipment with PowerStop products. PowerStop products are made to OEM specifications. There are no special modifications needed on your car, truck, or SUV.
What Does OEM Mean?
OEM stands for “Original Equipment Manufacturer,” OEM parts are items used in or on vehicles that come from the original equipment manufacturer. If you need to replace parts on your vehicle because of damage or mechanical breakdown, OEM replacement parts will be identical to those installed on your vehicle when it was first manufactured. Because of this, you can expect the same levels of quality and performance once the replacement has been completed.
In addition to an exact fit and finish, OEM parts typically carry a higher price tag compared to aftermarket parts. They can also be more difficult to find since they’re produced by the original manufacturer.
What’s the Difference Between OEM Parts and Aftermarket Parts?
OEM parts are parts produced by the same company that made the parts used in the vehicle when it was originally built. They are made to the exact specifications of the vehicle and are designed to fit and function perfectly with the vehicle.
Aftermarket parts, on the other hand, are produced by companies other than the original equipment manufacturer and may be used as replacements for OEM parts. They are typically less expensive than OEM parts. Aftermarket parts may be designed to fit multiple makes and models instead of just one specific vehicle.
As mentioned above, PowerStop products are made to OEM specifications. This means that you can expect a perfect fit and premium performance with every PowerStop purchase. We take pride in making exceptional products for nearly every vehicle on the road. Whatever your braking needs, PowerStop can provide the parts you need and the safety and performance you can trust.
Why Are OEM Parts More Expensive?
OEM parts are often produced in smaller quantities compared to aftermarket parts, which are manufactured in larger volumes. This limited production often leads to higher costs for OEM parts.
Additionally, because OEM parts carry the brand of the vehicle’s manufacturer, there may be a brand premium attached to the price, making them more expensive.
Benefits of Choosing Products from PowerStop
Aftermarket products offer a wealth of benefits. PowerStop products provide:
- Value: PowerStop parts are typically less expensive than OEM parts, making repairs and maintenance more affordable.
- Wider availability: PowerStop parts are often easier to find and available from multiple suppliers, making it easier and quicker to source the parts you need.
- Easy to order: It’s easy to order your parts and figure out exactly what you need for your vehicle with our Brake Finder.
- Easy to install: Since PowerStop parts are all the same size and weight as OE so they bolt right on.
- Superior selection: PowerStop offers a wide range of exceptional options, allowing you to choose the best part for your specific needs and budget.
- Customization: PowerStop products allow you to modify your vehicle to meet your specific needs or preferences. Whether you’re towing heavy cargo or preparing for a day at the track, PowerStop has the parts you can rely on.
When you choose parts from PowerStop, you can expect exceptional quality, reliability, and compatibility with your vehicle. We proudly offer a wide range of premium products, including:
Have a Question? PowerStop Can Help!
PowerStop is dedicated to delivering top-quality performance brakes for nearly every vehicle on the road. If you have a question about any of our products, contact us today online or toll-free at (888) 863-4415. Our customer service team is available to answer your questions Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST). Se habla español.